[bds 41] Re: RF kicker problem from K.Yokoya

   Subject: Re: [bds 40] Re: RF kicker problem
   Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:14:39 +0900
   Dear Andrei
      I agree on your argument about the 'empty' bucket, but
   I am puzzled with the accuracy problem. Iwashita san's
   scheme is the following, if I understand correctly.
   The rf kicker selectively kicks the out-going beam at
   25m after the IP and this kick brings about some 50mm
   x-offset further downstream (i.e., upstream of in-coming
   beam) in order to be separated from the in-coming beamline
   by a septum.
     In this context, the relevant R12 is that
   from kicker to the septum. However, if you want to compare
   the dispacement due to the miss-kick on to the in-coming
   beam with the beam size at IP, you need R12
   from kicker to IP.
     Am I right, Andrei and Iwashita-san?

   Kaoru