[atf2-magnet 19] FW: Max K1 of ATF2 Q magnet

------ Forwarded Message
From: Shigeru KURODA <shigeru.kuroda@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 14:27:37 +0900
To: <mdw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <seryi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<d.angal-kalinin@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <toshiaki.tauchi@xxxxxx>, <sanuki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<sugahara@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <mika.masuzawa@xxxxxx>
Subject: Max K1 of ATF2 Q magnet

Dear Mark and all,

I was asked from magnet group people to specify
the maximum strength of 20cm ATF2 Q.
I think the Quad strength of QF and QD series
is almost constant. It will be varied at most within
10%, I guess. However, the matching Quads( QM* ) would
be changed according to the entrance condition of the FF.
I think the maximum strength of the QM magnets could be
the same as the other ATF( NOT ATF2 ) magnets.
ATF Q in BT, DR and EXT is designed with the maximum
pole tip field of 0.8 T at their bore radius 16mm.
(Some of them are not actually, but in optics design
the maximum K1 is assumed as above.)
It corresponds to 50T/m and K1=2.3[1/m] for 20cm Q
at E=1.3 GeV.
If optics error could be so large to match with QM
magnets only, we could use magnets upstream e.g.
magnets in EXT.
Do you have any idea about this?

Best Regards,
S.Kuroda